Field Superintendent | Nashville, TN
The Field Superintendent oversees a project team of employees, contractors and subcontractors to ensure that company policies and procedures are met in regard to safety, scheduling, budget, quality and customer satisfaction.
- Manage and coordinate all job site operations, specifically to include rough-in work
- Manage labor and subcontractors to ensure work quality and on-time delivery of services
- Maintain positive relationship with Owners, Architects, and PMs
- Coordinate with local jurisdiction inspectors and utility company representatives to ensure compliance
- Strictly enforces Safety Program, ensuring that all parties understand the importance of safety to the project and continue to educate as needed
- Prepare and maintain detailed short term schedules.
- Manage accurate invoice payment process and financial management of the project costs
- Resolve day to day field issues
- Prepare daily reports with all manpower and significant activities
- Insure customer satisfaction by recognizing and meeting all the client’s needs.
- Provide leadership through good communication, good judgment and listening.
- Manage, mentor and coach other Construction Supervisors & Foreman.
- Oversees and inspects work in place and as performed against designs, plans, specifications, subcontracts/scopes, shop drawings and overall craftsmanship.
- Documents and manages jobsite details, reports on daily progress, toolbox talks, weekly foreman’s meetings, develops two-week look ahead plans and manages the project schedule.
- Manages and sets client expectations and professionally addresses concerns or issue escalation.
- Bachelor’s degree in Construction or a related degree
- 4 – 7 years of experience or equivalent level of education combined with experience.
- Knowledge of construction related computer software skills for scheduling and project management.
- At least 3 years managing people, including hiring, evaluation and coaching.