Heritage Foundation of Williamson County: Center for Historic Preservation
RockCity performed design and construction services for the Center for Historic Preservation. The scope of the work was to take an existing 70+ year old concrete and masonry structure that was built as a jail in the 1940’s and convert it to an efficient modern office space, while maintaining the historic character of the original structure. Weatherproofing of the existing single Wythe CMU exterior walls was accomplished by using an elastomer paint system, reworking the existing cold rolled steel window frames and installing new double pane, low-e glazing. Reworking the spaces and opening vertical access through the building was done without interfering with the structural integrity of the building.